Dear Gulfview Owners:
Just a few quick end of the season notes:
- Management, Signal Contactors and Keys Claims continue to work on backing up the insurance claims due to Hurricane Irma. Our Building’s Insurance adjusters have stated that they do not believe our initial claims would exceed the policy deductibles and we are working to provide more detail to the scope of our damages. We will be sending occasional updates to our web site, Gulfview.org, as we did after the hurricane.
- Meanwhile the Board is moving forward by replacing the Cooling Towers and Roof that were severely damaged during the storm. The Towers will be delivered around the 1st week in June.
We are asking owners to try to try to make arrangements to stay away from the Gulfview between June 4 and June 30th. The Air Conditioning will be down for at least 10 to 14 days depending on how well the weather cooperates. We are working to coordinate the roof replacement during this time as well. There will be a crane in the traffic circle and lots of demolition noise going on for several weeks. Please let your guests, family members, or renters know what to expect. If you know that your condominium will be occupied during this period, please let Denise know so we can have a good idea of the occupancy.
- Your Association Quarterly fees remain the same for the 2018/2019 fiscal period. Your new Iberia Lockbox coupons and envelopes will be mailed out the first week in May. Please put these in a safe place and mark your calendars. Your quarterly fees are due on June 1, September 1, December 1, and March 1.
- The Closing procedures, for your condominium, are available on Channel 81 on your TV.
- Please remember to bring in all furniture or flower pots… from your balcony.
- Remove unnecessary food items from your fridge. Empty ice trays.
- Close all the bedroom and bathroom doors and lights before you leave.
- Unplug your TV and Computers, but do not unplug your modems. They receive updates on a regular basis.
- Turn off your domestic water supply shut off valves located under your bathroom sinks and right over your hot water tanks.
- Do not close any ball valve connected to your Air Conditioning hoses.
- Placing towels or water socks on your window sills helps soak up moisture from the summer wind driven rains.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We will be working hard through the summer to make improvements all around the property. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, off season.