Veteran’s Roofing is scheduled to begin setting up for the Roof Replacement on Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
- The parking area on the South side of the Parking Garage, from the Automatic Garage Gates to the traffic circle, will be closed to traffic.
- The “one hour” parking area is going to have 4 to 5 dumpsters to collect debris and roof replacement material will be stored there as well.
- The crane used for this particular project will be assembled on Wednesday along side the main driveway, and set on the West side of the traffic circle.
- Residential traffic will be directed to stay away from the main lobby entrance as well as the service entrance. Once the crane is installed, this becomes a “hard hat area”.
- We are asking all residents and contractors to enter the building using the entryways on the garage side. If you have to go shopping or unload your vehicles, please use the garage entryways. There are no stairs by the 2nd floor garage landing, so we will be storing some shopping carts and luggage carts in the hallway by unit 214. Please return any carts you remove from this area back to the same spot.
- During business hours, we will have the 1st floor garage exit (by the newspaper machines) unlocked.
- Please try to avoid scheduling delivery of furniture or large packages during the month of June. The trucks will not be permitted to unload close to the building.
- Please let your guests and family members know that there will be a lot of construction noise from 6:30 am to the evening hours throughout the month.
- Let your guests know that the air conditioning will be down (weather permitting) around June 11th for 10 to 14 days while the Cooling Towers are being replaced. We are told the roof project will take approximately 6 weeks from start to finish.
- If you have contractors working in the building at this time, copy them on this memo.
- AT&T and Verizon are already working up on the roof to prepare to move their equipment while the roofers are removing and replacing the system.
- The Roofing Company expects to leave earlier on July 3rd and return to The Gulfview by Thursday, July 5th.
I will continue to send out updates as I pick up any additional information.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Alan Linardich CAM
The Gulfview Apartments of Marco Island, Inc.